How to make Almond Milk
Posted on November 07 2023
Nowadays, you can buy almond milk almost everywhere. It’s online and on the store shelves. And, it’s big business! But the real secret is that almond milk is a do-it-yourselfers’ dream! All you need is almonds, water, and a blender. In no time you’ll have pure almond milk containing no fillers or preservatives.
Here’s how to make it:
- Soak: Take 2 cups of almonds and soak them in about 2 inches of water for around 8 hours. They will plump up and they absorb water. They can sit on your counter or in your refrigerator, it’s up to you.
- Drain: Drain the almonds and rinse them under cool water. They should feel slightly squishy to the pinch.
- Blend: Place your soaked almonds in a blender with 4 cups of water and blend until there are no visible almond pieces. This process usually takes around 60 to 90 seconds.
- Strain: Pour the contents into a milk bag or a cheese cloth over a large bowl. Squeeze the almond milk out into the bowl.
- Enjoy: That’s it, you now have fresh homemade pure almond milk! You can use it immediately. Use it in cereal, oatmeal, coffee, hot chocolate, and more! Place the unused portion in an airtight jar and store in your refrigerator. It’ll stay fresh for around 3 to 5 days. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.